What actually does ACO Eurobar® stand for? ACO Eurobar® is the registered trademark of our quality continuous cast iron which has been developed in co-operation with the hydraulics industry and meets even the most stringent demands of that segment. The prime characteristic of continuous cast iron is that it is impervious to liquids and gases. In manufacturing, the clean, sand-free surface and the fine-grained uniform microstructure of ACO Eurobar® quality continuous cast iron results in significant reductions in tool wear and processing times in machining – which means improved efficiency for our customers.
Furthermore, ACO Eurobar’s continuous casting products offer considerable advantages in comparison to other materials, such as steel, cast-to-shape components and aluminium: they are usually cheaper and easier to machine and in many cases offer the possibility to reduce the weight of parts or constructions.
You want to know more? Just ask us!
- Reduced weight
- Faster machining speeds for improved productivity
- Longer tool life
- Better surface finish
- Compact, lead-free chips
- Minimized deburring
- No directionality of mechanical properties
- Enhanced wear resistance
- Better damping of vibrations and reduced noise
- Superior machinability thanks to fine, uniform microstructure and freedom from dross, sand and macro-porosity
- Greater consistency of mechanical properties
- No costs for patterns and other special tooling